Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lonna's Sonnet

Today as the wind blows softly, the sun beams in the cloudless sky and the earth is warm, I stand and grow a lil' taller.  I can't help it I want to  feel the sun's rays on my petals.  These days one must be careful of the danger that may be lurking.  One could get snatched!

I watched as Grand Ma Ma stood and stretched her petals on a day such as this and was taken up almost to her roots.  A man wrapped his plump hand around her stem and snatched her up out of the ground.  He gave her to a woman in a white dress with ruffles that looked like whipped cake frosting.  He grabbed cousin Delphinium, Uncle Eucharist, my friend Chrysanthemum and a bunch of others too. One by one he plucked them from this field of wildflowers, crushing blades of grass beneath shiny black shoes.  The area beneath the great tree was razed in one fell swoop except for me and a few others. We were able to grow again but it has not been the same since Grand Ma Ma was torn asunder, she was such a grand lily.

Draped over the man's fist she called to me and said in a calm, unhurried fashion "Lonna, all the pretty flowers are chosen one day".  Grand Ma Ma even smiled as she and the others were presented to the woman in the ruffled white dress.  I stand here sun on my petals wind in my face...waiting.

Love,

Lonna "The Lovely" Flower



1 comment:

  1. I loved the message from the grandma. "All the pretty flowers are chosen one day".

    ReplyDelete